banner image

Mexican Gothic -Halloween special






 πŸŒŸBook review🌟


Mexican Gothic was my October buddyread

WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

Glamorous socialite Noemi Taboada's life of parties and entertainment is interrupted when she receives a frantic letter from her newly-wed cousin, who is begging to be rescued from a mysterious doom.
Noemi immediately heads to High Place, an estate in the mountains of Mexico owned by the secluded Doyle family, determined to discover what is troubling her beloved cousin.
The fortunes of the silver-mining Doyles have eroded and their house is a dilapidated relic. Even more worrisome are the inhabitants of High Place. There's the alluring yet menacing new husband, his foreboding father, and other taciturn relatives. Soon the house itself begins invading Noemi's dreams with visions of blood and doom.
She must tread carefully, for there are many secrets behind the walls of High Place, and Noemi may soon find it impossible to leave this enigmatic house behind...

MY RATING: 4⭐

GENERAL THOUGHTS:

This book hooked me from the beginning with it's immaculate atmosphere! The prose is beautiful and eery and Moreno-Garcia really brings the setting to life. At first I had no idea where this book was going which kept me very intrigued. However, the big reveal come a bit too soon for me and made me lose my interest a bit because the mystery was solved. This is why I gave the book 4 stars instead of 5. The atmosphere and writing are definitely 5 star quality for me! It was also a perfect Halloween buddyread!

Mexican Gothic -Halloween special Mexican Gothic -Halloween special Reviewed by Story Teller Pros on November 08, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.