banner image

Romeo And Juliet

 









 Book - Romeo And Juliet


Author - William Shakespeare

Genre - Play / Drama / Classic / Romance

Personal rating - 2/5


Two families: the Montagues and the Capulets. They are sworn enemies.


At a ball, young Romeo from the Montagues family meets young Juliet from the Capulets family. Though Romeo was going through a recent heartbreak by a beautiful girl named Rosaline, he and Juliet fell in love at first sight.


But knowing that their families will never accept their love, both of them seek out a plan to get married and be together, except it leads to a tragedy.


                                  *******


The century-old tale of Romeo and  Juliet's romance is known by all. So I believe giving the spoiler alert was pretty pointless.


Now, I read the translation of this famous classic at least a decade ago and I barely remembered much. But I knew I didn't like it. But I had to grab this cute little pocket edition when I saw it in Baatighar Dhaka.


Anyway, I knew I was going to roast this book before I even started it. But I'm not feeling up to it right now.


However, I'll say this: this is a horrible story in the name of romance. First of all, Juliet was said to be around 13. She was a minor. We barely get to find out Romeo's age. But both of them seem to be too young. No wonder these teenagers with hormones did what they did.


And then there's Romeo the womanizer. He was whining about Rosaline and suddenly he's in love with Juliet


Then came their next step. Who tf gets married a day or two after they meet. I mean who? What were they thinking?


These two are probably some of the dumbest characters I've come across. I had to skim through some parts because there were endless poetic chatters. And I don't even like Shakespeare. Overrated dude!


If you have read this classic, I would like to know what you thought about it. Feel free to share!

Romeo And Juliet Romeo And Juliet Reviewed by Story Teller Pros on September 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.