banner image

BOOK REVIEW : Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair

 




๐šƒ๐™ธ๐šƒ๐šƒ๐™ป๐™ด : Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair

๐š†๐š๐™ธ๐šƒ๐™ด๐š : Pablo Neruda
๐š๐™ฐ๐šƒ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ถ : 5/5
๐™ผ๐šข ๐šƒ๐š‘๐š˜๐šž๐š๐š‘๐š๐šœ :
I'm not so keen person when it's comes to poetry. Perhaps I lack the understanding of its meaning and depth. But there are times when even the most dull person needs something to feed their soul.
I didn't randomly picked up reading poems in one day, no. I kept having this huge urge to read something romantic,something that touches your soul in whole another level. Things you do when you fall in love, type. So I searched up most romantic poems all the time and stumbled upon this book. And honestly it's still one of the best books I read this year despite the controversy.
"๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ค๐™š๐™ข๐™จ ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐˜ผ ๐™Ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™Š๐™› ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ง" is still one of the most celebrated and read poetry books of all time. "๐™€๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐˜ฟ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™‹๐™ก๐™–๐™ฎ" is his masterpiece from this book. One of his most famous lines, "๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด" is from this poem. For any hopeless romantic out there, this iconic line is enough to get chills down their spine.
But me being a depressed soul by birth, my forever favorite poem would be, "๐™๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™„ ๐˜พ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™’๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š (๐™๐™๐™š ๐™Ž๐™–๐™™๐™™๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™‡๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ)". It's one of Neruda's best work in my opinion. I can't get over how heartbreaking this poem is. Specially this line, " ๐˜›๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ช ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด."
๐˜ช ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ. You can almost feel the heartache that the poet went through.
Overall, I love this book into bits and pieces. I read and absolutely fell in love with this book before knowing about Neruda's scandal. Even though I will never morally support Neruda but I would always cherish this book.
BOOK REVIEW : Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair BOOK REVIEW : Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair Reviewed by Story Teller Pros on October 15, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.